These Red Velvet Cake Bites are the ultimate festive treat, perfect for any occasion, but they truly shine during the holiday season. If you’re craving a rich and indulgent dessert, this is the one you absolutely must give a shot. They’re simply out of this world.
- 1 box (about 15.25 ounces) of Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups of water (as per the cake box instructions)
- 3 eggs (as per the cake box instructions)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (as per the cake box instructions)
- 1 package (about 16 ounces) of cream cheese frosting (or homemade frosting)
- 1 pound of white chocolate candy coating or almond bark
- Optional: 15 Red Candy Melts for adding red stripes on top
- Begin by baking the cake following the instructions on the package.
- Allow the cake to cool completely (I like to speed up the process by placing it in the freezer for about 45 minutes, but you can also refrigerate it overnight).
- Crumble the entire cake into a bowl. I’ve found that using your hands is the easiest way to do this.
- Gradually stir in the container of frosting into the crumbled cake (or use homemade frosting if you prefer). Add about 1/2 cup at a time until it reaches a consistency that holds together when rolled into a ball.
- Shape the mashed cake and frosting into balls. You can make them as large or small as you like, but remember these little bites are rich, so smaller ones are often preferred. If you want them to resemble traditional cake bites, flatten them into a disc shape rather than a round ball. Place the bites on a large baking sheet (like a cookie sheet) and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set.
- Melt the white chocolate candy coating according to the package directions. Use a skewer to dip each ball; insert it into the cake ball and dip it into the melted coating. You might need to rotate each bite a couple of times to ensure even chocolate coverage.
- Return the cake bites to the pan or onto wax paper to set. If you plan to decorate them with sprinkles, do so before the candy coating hardens. If you intend to drizzle them with red candy melts, it’s best to wait until the cake bite coating has fully set.
- To drizzle the candy melts on top, melt the candy according to the package directions. Spoon the melted candy into a resealable sandwich bag, then snip off a tiny corner of the bag and drizzle the candy melts onto each bite.
Now, get ready to enjoy these delightful Red Velvet Cake Bites! 😋🍰
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!