Hippity, Hoppity Easter is on it’s way!
I know it is supposed to snow tonight, but I promise you that Spring is right around the corner and Easter will be here in just a few weeks (April 5th).
It’s hard to believe that since I associate Easter with green grass, tulips and warm weather, and if it wasn’t for aisles full of Easter goodies at the local grocery store and retail stores it wouldn’t even seem like the spring time holiday.
Easy Easter Oreo Truffle Eggs Recipe
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 package classic Oreos (you can use golden oreos instead)
- 2 cups white chocolate, broken into pieces, melted, divided
- 2 drops of each food coloring or (candy melts or gel food coloring)
- Place cookies in food processor and grind to crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese and pulse until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the mixture into balls about 1-inch in diameter. I like to use cookie scoop.
- Form into a ball, and then shape the balls into egg shapes.
- Place in freezer for 15-30 minutes or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp. melted chocolate into each of 3 small bowls.
- Tint each with a different color food coloring.
- Remove egg truffles from freezer and dip in remaining melted white chocolate.
- Place egg truffles on prepared baking sheet; let stand until chocolate coating is firm.
- Either drizzle the colored white chocolate on the eggs with a fork or use a piping bag to pipe the white chocolate on in your desired design.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour allowing to the egg truffles to become firm.