A perfect fall dessert, delicious pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.
There are not a lot of things in life that define Fall more for me than Pumpkin Bars. Actually, they’re a hit with my family anytime of the year.
I love this recipe for so many reasons – first of all there’s pumpkin involved, second it made with rich cream cheese frosting. Combined, they’re the perfect way to fit your taste buds, or please a crowd of party-goers.
These pumpkin pie bars are a delicious cross between a quick bread and a delicate cake, loaded with pumpkin and topped with a delicate cream cheese frosting.
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, ground ginger, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cloves and cinnamon. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the eggs, vanilla, oil and pumpkin on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir gently, just until combined.
4. Pour into a pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
5. When completely cooled, frost.
6. Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again.
7. You may need to add a little milk to make it spreadable if your butter wasn’t soft enough.
8. Spread frosting evenly on top of cake. Cut the bar into any size you like.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!