Minestrone, that already sounds like Italy! Who does not know it, because around the world this dish is almost as famous as spaghetti or pizza. This nutritious and healthy soup is made according to taste, season and season with alternating vegetables – for example, green beans, savoy cabbage, leeks, peas, celery and carrots. Whatever the refrigerator or the vegetable garden can provide. Of course, tomatoes are not to be missed in Italy!
Minestrone - Italian Vegetable Soup
- 2 carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- ½ onion or 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 zucchini
- 3 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 400 ml vegetable broth
- 1 can of chunky tomatoes
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter
To be added a little later:
- ½ can white beans
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 100 g short pasta, e.g. Volanti
- salt & pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Cut carrot and celery into small pieces. Finely chop the onion. Finely chop the garlic. Quarter the zucchini lengthwise and cut into pieces. Wash the baby spinach.
- Heat oil and butter in a pot. Sauté carrot, celery and onion in it for 5-7 min until onions are translucent. Add garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the soup to the pot - except for the beans, pasta and baby spinach. Heat until everything boils, then put the pot lid on and simmer for 10 min over medium heat.
- Now add the pasta. Simmer for another 8 min so that the pasta is still al-dente.
- Add the baby spinach and beans and turn off the heat. Add a little more water if the minestrone is too thick. Stir well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in plates and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!