A cheesecake for pistachio fans. Wet, creamy, New York type cheesecake, with the addition of pistachio cream. On whole wheat cookies with chocolate. Delicious and addictive. And the very distinctive flavor of green nuts is broken by a topping of white chocolate and lime juice.
- 180 g of cookies (preferably whole wheat with chocolate)
- 40 g melted butter
- 40 g of pistachios (optional)
- 1 kg of double-milled fat cottage cheese (I use Piatnica bucket cottage cheese)
- 5 eggs
- 200 g 36% cream
- 200 g pistachio cream (sweet, not pistachio paste)
- 110 g sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar (16 g)
- 1 vanilla pudding or 2 tablespoons of potato flour
- 200 g 30% cream
- 100 g white chocolate
- 1 heaping teaspoon of gelatin
- lime (about 4 teaspoons)
- Line the bottom of a cake pan with baking paper. Crumble the cookies into sand. Finely chop the pistachios. Add melted butter and mix everything together. Spread the whole mixture on the bottom of the cake pan. Punch it down and level it out. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- All the ingredients of the cheese mixture should be at room temperature
- In the bowl of a mixer, place whole eggs and both sugars. Beat until frothy and sugar is dissolved. Partially add cheese, cream and pistachio cream. Finally, pour in the flour (or pudding powder).
- Pour the cheese mixture onto the previously prepared bottom. Preheat the oven to 170C. On the bottom of the oven, place a hot-water cake pan. Set the cake pan on the griddle of the oven equipment. Bake for 45 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 140C and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Cool in a closed oven for 15 minutes, then in a tilted oven. Remove from the oven. When the cheesecake reaches room temperature place in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Pour a minimal amount of cold water over the gelatin and set aside for 10 minutes to swell. In a pot, heat the cream, almost to a boil. Remove from heat and add the swollen gelatin. Stir until dissolved. Add broken into pieces chocolate to the hot mixture. Stir again until smooth. Finally, slowly pour in the lime juice. Stir. Set aside to let the topping set a bit.
- Pour the topping over the top of the cheesecake and spread gently.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!