Chocolate Cake with Zucchini
Many of you have written to me saying you have an abundance of zucchini right now and would love a zucchini cake recipe. I have to admit, I was quite skeptical. However, I can tell you that it’s incredibly delicious and wonderfully moist! If you’re a fan of rich chocolate, you can even add a few chocolate chips to the batter!
For a 20cm (8-inch) loaf pan Makes 10-12 slices
- 1.6 oz (45g) vegan butter
- 5.6 oz (160g) sugar
- 7.8 oz (220g) all-purpose flour
- 1.9 oz (55g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 8 oz (235ml) plant-based milk
- 7 oz (200g) grated zucchini
- 5.3 oz (150g) dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C) with both upper and lower heat.
- Grease the loaf pan.
- Carefully melt the vegan butter in a saucepan.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and vanilla sugar. Add the melted butter and plant-based milk, and briefly whisk everything together with a whisk. Fold the grated zucchini into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool thoroughly. Then remove it from the pan and place it on a cooling rack.
- Chop the dark chocolate, place it in a heat-resistant bowl, and melt it in a warm water bath. Remove the bowl from the water bath.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the cake. Remove the cake from the cooling rack and place it on a piece of parchment paper. Let the chocolate harden. Enjoy!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!