Here’s a super easy Hot Chocolate Mug Cake recipe that’s perfect for a quick sweet fix! It’s seriously simple and takes only 5 minutes.
- 3 tbsp oat flour or regular flour (if using regular flour, make sure it's heat-treated!)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp date sugar (or any other sweetener)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- a pinch of vanilla
- 4 tbsp plant-based milk (you might need more, depending on your flour choice)
- chocolate chunks
- Combine all the ingredients in a microwave-safe mug. If your batter seems too dry, add a little more milk.
- Mix in some chocolate chunks and sprinkle some on top.
- Place the mug in the microwave and bake at 600W for 1-3 minutes until the cake is just set but still a bit shiny on top. Don't overbake it as it'll continue cooking as it cools. I usually check at the 1-minute mark to see if it's set.
- Once done, I like to top mine with some homemade healthier vegan vanilla ice cream. Enjoyy! 🥰
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!