Get ready for a burst of flavor with this Lemon Blueberry Cake! 🫐🍋🌝 I’m seriously proud of this one – it’s incredibly delicious and definitely not dry (because who likes dry cakes, right? 🥴). It’s a bit dense, which, trust me, just adds to its awesomeness, and it’s even friend-approved! 😉
- Cake layer:
- 1.8 cups (230g) flour of choice (I mixed white flour, almond flour & 3 tbsp coconut flour)
- 1/4 cup (50g) birch sugar (or normal white sugar)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (220ml) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (40g) honey
- 1/4 cup (50g) melted coconut oil (or any other oil)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- A handful of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Middle layer:
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 tbsp cottage cheese / "Magerquark"
- 1/4 cup (50g) white chocolate *optional
- 1 cup (150g) frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup (50g) flour of choice
- 1 tbsp cold butter
- 2 tsp sugar
- For the lemon cake layer: Combine all dry ingredients in a big bowl. In a smaller bowl (or glass), combine all wet ones. Add wet ones to the dry ones and stir until smooth, then add the blueberries. Make the streusel by kneading all ingredients. Transfer the batter to a small round baking pan (18cm), smooth out the top, and add the streusel & some more blueberries. Bake at 180 degrees for about 50 minutes (until a wooden stick comes out clean). Let cool completely.
- For the middle layer: Melt the chocolate in a water bath or microwave. Mix together cream cheese and cottage cheese, but don't overmix as the mixture will get more fluid. Then stir in the melted chocolate. Place the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes while cooking the blueberries together with a splash of water. Once boiling, add the cornstarch (dissolved in some water). Switch off the heat and let it cool down a bit.
- Assemble the cake: Cut the lemon cake in half and add the cream cheese mix on the bottom part. Then add the blueberries on top. Place the upper part on top and smooth out the edges. Enjoyyy 🌝
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!