This lemon ginger cake with lemon cream cheese frosting is a real taste highlight: refreshing, aromatic, creamy, with very slight spiciness – and in addition it is a wonderfully fluffy and yet very moist cake. A special treat (not only) in summer!
Lemon Ginger Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
For the dough:
- 240 grams butter soft
- 210 grams of sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 240 milliliters of buttermilk
- 400 grams of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons ginger fresh and grated, about 25g
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel fresh
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the topping:
- 350 grams cream cheese
- 60 grams powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger fresh and grated
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest fresh
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Cover a baking tray with baking paper, use a baking frame if necessary. For the dough, first peel and finely grate or chop the ginger, wash a lemon, grate and squeeze.
- Beat the soft butter with the sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one by one and mix well. Mix flour with baking powder and baking soda. Stir in briefly but vigorously, alternating with the buttermilk. Finally, add ginger, 2 tsp. of the lemon zest and 2 tbsp. lemon juice. Spread the dough on the baking tray and smooth it down. Bake the cake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool. Meanwhile, for the topping, peel and finely grate ginger. Stir into smooth cream cheese with lemon zest. Spread cream thinly over cake. Decorate as desired with grated lemon zest, eighths of lemon slices or candied ginger.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!