Here’s a quick and easy 5-Minute Molten Lava Chocolate Mug Cake that’s almost as good as the real deal: it’s moist, rich, and filled with a gooey pool of chocolate.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (28g)
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (28g)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Scant 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Lindor Dark Chocolate Truffles (or chocolate chunks/chips) for the center
- In a microwave-safe mug (10-12oz), add the butter and 1 ounce of dark chocolate. Melt them in the microwave in 15-20 second intervals until they're molten and combined.
- Stir in the milk and sugar using a fork, making sure it's mixed well.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt), then gently stir with the fork. Make sure to scrape along the edges to mix everything thoroughly.
- Place the chocolate truffles in the center (no need to push them all the way to the bottom).
- Wipe the edges of the mug if there's any spillage and microwave for 60-70 seconds.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy your delicious mug cake!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!