These salted caramel pecan chocolate chip cookies are hands down the best I’ve ever tasted! They’re thick and chewy inside, a little crispy on the edges, loaded with pools of chocolate, and brimming with delicious toasted salted caramel pecans.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (140g)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (150g)
- 1/4 cup white sugar (55g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (you can go for 1/2 teaspoon if you prefer less saltiness)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (170g)
- 3 oz dark chocolate (113g), chopped
- 3 oz milk chocolate (113g), chopped
- For Caramel Pecans:
- 12 soft caramels (like Werther's)
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 3/4 cups pecan halves & pieces (about 100g), toasted
- Salt to taste
- Toast the pecans at 350°F for about 5-7 minutes until they're aromatic and taste roasted.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Keep stirring until the butter turns brown and develops a nutty, caramel aroma.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and add sugars, whisking for 1-2 minutes to dissolve them.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes until it's warm but not hot anymore.
- Add the egg and yolk, whisking quickly for 1-2 minutes until the mixture becomes light and smooth.
- Fold in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt) until almost mixed. The dough will be runny; chill in the fridge for 10 minutes while preparing the caramel pecans.
- Cook soft caramels and cream in a nonstick saucepan on low heat until they form a caramel sauce. Add a pinch of salt. Remove from heat and coat the pecans thoroughly.
- Take the cookie dough from the fridge and fold in the chopped chocolate and pecans (keep some for the cookies' tops). Stop folding when there's no visible unmixed flour.
- Use a 2-inch scoop to shape the dough into 10 balls, gently pulling them together without applying pressure. Press chocolate chunks and pecans on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, ideally 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, prepare a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dough balls on the sheet, leaving 3 inches between them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes for your desired gooeyness!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!