Curious about what vampire teeth churros are? They’re essentially churro sandwiches with red frosting for the gums, mini marshmallows for the teeth, and slivered almonds for the fangs.
For the Churros:
- 4 ounces butter (about 115g)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 cup (about 225ml) water
- 3 eggs
- 5.1 ounces plain flour (about 145g)
- A pinch of salt
For the Red Buttercream:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 2-3 tablespoons red gel food coloring
For the Vampire Teeth:
- Mini marshmallows
For the Churros:
- To whip up the churros, heat the water, butter, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add the salt and flour, stirring until it forms a dough that pulls away from the sides of the saucepan. Take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time until the churro dough is nice and smooth. Spoon it into a piping bag and pipe circles onto a lined baking sheet or tray that fits in the freezer.
- Freeze the churros until they’re solid, then fry them until they’re golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Place them on paper towels to soak up any extra oil and then dust them with sugar while they’re still hot.
For the Red Buttercream: Mix the room temperature butter and the icing sugar together, adding milk to make it smooth. Then, use a spoon or spatula to mix in 1-2 tablespoons of red gel food coloring until you get the desired hue.
To Assemble: To create the vampire teeth, once the churros have cooled a bit, spread some icing on one of the churros. Place 8 mini marshmallows to make the teeth. Add some more icing to the other churro and place it on top of the marshmallows. Finish it off by putting two almond slices on each side to make the fangs. Enjoy your spooky treat! 🦇😋🎃
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!